Thursday, November 17, 2011

New website is up!

I finally updated my website. When I first built my site back in 2005 I did the whole thing myself in Flash. It took months and in the end I even needed to employ the help of a friend to actually make it work online. It looked cool, and had some nice custom things that I really liked. But it was extremely difficult to update, and 6 years later I realized it did not represent who I am as an artist today. The good news is that modern technology has made it much easier to build a custom website! I used a template from Wix. www.wix.com I was able to manipulate their version enough to look the way I wanted without spending a ton of time figuring things out. The best part is I can make changes whenever I want with ease. I can add and delete images, change text, even build whole new pages and see the results instantly. The service is free if you don't mind them putting advertisements on your web page. I opted to pay a small fee to remove them. There are different plans ranging from about $5 to $20 a month depending on what services you would like. You can even have retail services added to your website if you would like to sell things.

Anyway, there are a few things I still need to do, but for the most part it is done. If you have any interest in seeing more of the story work I've done on feature films like Horton Hears a Who! and Jonah Hex then head on over and check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment